Saturday, April 30, 2011

True friends, treasure from Heaven.

I had an awesome night with my 4 best friends last Monday. We seldom meet up because of our schedules, we don't normally text each other as often as before too, but what is good about our friendship is that, even though we don't see or hear from each other that much, when one of us is in need of someone to confide too, we will leave everything, just to be there for each other.


These girls and boys are my brothers & sisters. They are God's gift to me. They are my source of happiness and strength. I know God planned for us to meet and become friends since way back college and ever since, we are destined to become friends and to bring glory to God. I know that He is using these girls to let me know that He is around, that He is real, and He want me to be surround myself with godly people.





I have friends at work too, but they are completely different from me. They are not as honest, and faithful to God as compared to my girlfriends. Well, I'm not saying that they are not good enough, they are, but their values are different from mine. And it bothers me because I thought I could influence them, that I could be the light in that dark place, but sometimes, it is the other way around. Instead of me standing firm, being bold, and having the courage to do what is righteous, honest and pleasing to God, I'm being drag back to my old self. I'm not blaming them, or the kind of culture or belief they have, but I could've done what Paul did when he was in the same situation. Back when he was preaching the Good News to the Gentiles. He was mocked and was surrounded with unbelievers. But he remained faithful to his work and focused himself more to Jesus. But my case was different. I'm no Paul. But I know that God called me to do the same thing.


These girls are my treasure. They helped me to become who I'am today and they thought me how to become stronger and how to love wholeheartedly. I can't imagine being with a different set of friends. These girls are unique and we are made for each other- Treasure your true friends,  they are hard to find nowadays.

No comments:

Post a Comment