Sunday, May 15, 2011

A Night full of KAOS

Friday, My 13th
Me and my friend was lucky enough to watch the musical play 'KAOS' at the Newport Theater in Resorts Word Manila. It was an experience of a lifetime.


The last time I watched a musical play was way back in college, that was in 2003(I think it was held in UP) entitled, 'The Merry Wives of Manila'. I find theater arts amusing, entertaining and full of drama. It is something out of the ordinary.

I first heard about 'KAOS' on one of the commercials being aired at a cable tv station (I think it was Feb). 
Since then, I told to myself that I'm going to watch this play. I researched about the storyline, the casts, and of course, the ticket. It was a reasonable price although I had to save up just for it.

My friend, who's a blogger and has a very close contact with Ms. J. Zafra, just got himself 2 tickets for KAOS, for FREE! We were so thrilled about the news, although we haven't had any idea about the play date nor the seat that he got, nevertheless, it was something we are looking forward to!



The play was held at The Newport Theater in Resorts World Manila. It was just my second time visiting RWM, and I must say, the place was truly elegant - world class!

The cast of KAOS was lead by Gian Magdangal (cousin of Jolina), who played as Walter, the handsome Prince who's in search of his one true love, Martha Joy, as Giselle, the Heroine, Walter's destined love, and Joel Trinidad as the interfering Advisor. The Manila Symphony Orchestra provides an awesome musical score that brings out life into the play.
Kaos is part of the menagerie of world-renowned animal performers, which includes Sito the white tiger and Betty the yellow tiger, all specially trained by Spanish master illusionist Enrique Polo, who also plays the Good Wizard.
The Defying Gravity Troupe from China and the Power Duo, a world renowned act from Belarus, will test the limits of physical endurance with their riveting performances.
Motorcyclists from Spain will do amazing jaw-dropping stunt work in the Cycle of Life, while the Human Time Machine from Columbia will showcase feats of superb balance and synchronization.
Hip Hop dance champions Philippine All Stars and electrifying dancers from Europe will energize the show with their winning moves.

It was a huge production and everyone did a fantastic job, from the main casts down to the staffs & crew!
The show was one of a kind and worth it. No dull moments, every bit of the play is really interesting. It was something I will never forget for a long time. Very grateful to have seen this play, and I hope everyone will have the chance to experience it too!






No comments:

Post a Comment